Friday, November 6, 2009

Heeeeeeerrrrrrre's Johnny!

Am I the only one that misses this song?



Maybe it's that song-ending-night-after-night-vulgar-high F from trumpeter Mark "Love Man" Pender in Conan's new "Max Weinberg and The Tonight Show Band" - but I used to love Doc Severinson. Papa Smith was a big fan, and my cassette copy of this same album was well worn.

My friend Erik just gave a me a collection of Doc records from the 70s - check this out:


May have to start playing this version of "Pictures" on auditions when it comes up.
And as a P.S. - the album cover - hello!



**********

Dirty Projectors - do you know these guys?
Thanks to Ed Droste for posting this. Amazing.



**********

Lastly, in OCD news, my continued obsession with the Grizzly Bear - Michael McDonald singing "While You Wait for the Others".









Have a nice weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment